It’s that time of year again when the Christmas parties are in full swing. We’re going to give you some easy tips on how to make that perfect look for your special night, which you can easily do away from home.
1) If you're wearing your favourite eyeshadow already – using your eyeshadow brush, dampen it slightly and re-apply your eyeshadow.
Start with the lighter colour in the corner of the eye, where the water duct is, before taking the brush just over halfway of the lid where the centre of the eye is.
2) With the brush still damp and using the dark shadow in your eye palette, apply eyeshadow to the other edge of the eye. When applying your eyeshadow, move the brush in smaller circular movements. This will help to blend the colour.
3) Wipe your brush dry, then apply a small amount of the dark eye shadow under the eye as near to the water line as possible, before adding eye-liner into the water line. Feel free to add eye-liner to the top of the eye too.
4) Ladies don’t forget to put on some mascara. I always go for 3 coats when I want I high volume look.
5) Add on little more blusher with a bronzer or golden base, to give you that shimmer so you look flawless on your evening.
6) Most importantly the lips, I always find wearing lipgloss in the winter is hard because when it’s windy outside, my hair always get stuck to my lipgloss which is a total pain! I have found wearing sheer lipstick or a matte lipstick is perfect! Re-apply your favourite lipstick with a lip liner underneath to make your lipstick last longer with all the celebratory drinking.
Before you’re ready to go party, don’t forget to add on some perfume 😊 Enjoy ladies…
Here are a few of my favourite’s products that I have tried and tested on myself and on many of my clients which everyone has loved and enjoyed using too!
If you are struggling with makeup and need a little extra help or just want to pamper yourself, why not book in and have one of the team from Morris Beauty Associates come and do your make up for you.
It’s the time of year again where the mornings and evenings are getting darker. We all can appreciate the struggle of getting up in the morning when our beds are so warm and cosy, and we have the face to cold commute to work.
It’s so common to face the winter blues especially when you miss those summer vibes and good feels.
We, at Morris Beauty Associates are here to help you get through the winter blues and let you feel as good as you feel in the summer. We’ve got some great advice and tips on how to look after your skin.
Skin during the winter months can become dehydrated, which we can sometimes confuse with dryness. Dehydration occurs when we are exposing ourselves to a mixture of temperatures, going from a nice, warm house with central heating to the outdoors and the harsh cold air.
When your skin is dehydrated, it can look grey and the summer glow you got from your holiday or time spent in the garden absent. Fine lines may also come and go on the forehead and around the eye area. Another sign of dehydrated skin is there sometimes can be red and dry patches around the cheek area and chin area. Pores on the nose area can look more open but the skin on the nose area can look and feel flaky.
They are some great remedies that you can use at home or when visiting your local beauticians, that can help your skin during the winter months. Having regular facials will help keep your skin hydrated and looking more radiant, giving you that summer feeling all over again.
Using a good moisturiser is just as important for your skin. The moisturiser which you use on your body is very different to the moisturiser you use on your face. Many people sometimes use their body lotion on their face and don’t realise that the texture on their face is different to the texture on their body.
There are many different types of moisturisers in the market and knowing which one to chose can be difficult. It’s important to use a morning and night moisturiser in both the summer and winter, because your skin behaves very differently throughout the day. We have all heard the phrase ‘beauty sleep’, and there’s a reason for it. Beauty sleep is very important to the body as this is when cell renewal takes places between 10:00 pm and 2.00 am. This is why we need that extra moisturiser applying at night.
Here are a few of my favourite’s products that I have used and recommend to many of my clients, which everyone has loved and enjoyed using:
Here at Morris Beauty Associates, we want to help rejuvenate your skin which is why we are offering a facial for just £25.00 (usual £35.00). Spaces are limited however, so make sure you book soon to avoid disappointment.